By registering for a PRINTING United event, registrants understand their information may be used by PRINTING United, its partners, affiliates, or sponsors for marketing purposes. This includes, but is not limited to, information about the PRINTING United event, products, services or other industry-related information, news, and events. Registrants will have the opportunity to opt-out of communications at any time upon receipt. Transactional, show-related messages will still be necessary to inform registrants about their show attendance, travel and lodging services directly related to their registration.
This Notice explains how the Specialty Graphics Imagining Association, including the SGIA Foundation and the PRINTING United (“SGIA”, “we”, “group” or “us”) collects and processes your Personal Data. Each time you use our Site, the current version of this Notice will apply. Accordingly, whenever you use our Site, you should check the date of this Notice (which appears at the top) and review any changes since the last version.
“Personal Data” is any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as your name, identification number, location data, online identifier or one or more factors specific to your physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
Who We Are
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), the Data Controller is the Specialty Graphics Imaging Association located in the Virginia USA with a registered address at 10015 Main St., Fairfax, VA 22031.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about this Notice, please Contact Us using the Contact Us section on our Site.
Alternatively, you can contact us by phone at 703-385-1335, by sending an email to email@example.com or by mail to 10015 Main Street, Fairfax, VA 22031.
How We Collect Personal Data Personal Data that you give us
We may collect and process the following Personal Data:
- Contact information, which you provide when corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Site and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial information and/or credit card information.
- Membership information, about your membership including your name, contact details such as address, phone number and email address (business or personal), age, job title, government identification numbers (e.g. social security number, passport number etc.), year of admission and any other information related to your membership. Membership information may be provided by you during the registration process, or by your employer on your behalf.
- Due payment information, including financial information such as credit/debit card and account numbers used to register or renew your membership.
- Purchase information, relating to purchases made by members and non-members of delegate passes and event participation, books, reports, journals or newsletter subscriptions either in-person or via our Site. Purchase information will include financial information as well as information concerning the content and time of the purchase.
- Disciplinary information, relating to ethics/disciplinary programs in which complaints against members are adjudicated, with the result being possible suspension/expulsion from membership. This may include extensive information about a member’s business or professional activities, including employment information, and similar information relating to other individuals involved in the investigation, though would usually not include financial information.
- Certification information, relating to certification programs, in which members are granted certification if they meet specified educational/employment experience requirements and/or pass an exam. This may include extensive information about the experience/performance of those certified or accredited. Where the certification concerns an institutions or businesses, this may include similar information identifying employees and other members of staff including volunteers.
- Website information, relating to personal information on users who visit our Site.
Personal Data We Collect From You
With regard to each of your visits to the Site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number; and location information
Personal Data We Collect From Others
We may receive information about you from publicly available and third-party databases or services that provide information about business people that we believe will help us identify and provide products and services that may be of interest to you.
We collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser and we may use this information to generate aggregate statistics about visitors to our Site, including, without limitation:
- Browser type and plug-in details
- Device type (e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet, phone, etc.)
- Operating system
- Local time zone
We may use non-Personal Data for various business purposes such as providing customer service, fraud prevention, market research, and improving our Site. Please check your web browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings.
How We Use Your Personal Data
Under certain laws, we are required to rely on one or more lawful grounds to collect and use the personal information that we have described herein. We consider the grounds listed below to be relevant:
- Legal obligation: Where the processing of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject (e.g., we have to provide information to tax authorities).
- Contractual relationship: Where it is necessary for us to use your personal information in order to perform a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
- Legitimate interests: We rely on this basis where applicable law allows us to collect and use personal information for our legitimate interests and the use of your personal information is fair, balanced and does not unduly impact your rights. For example, it is in our legitimate interest to use personal information about our members to provide membership services. When we process your personal information to achieve such legitimate interests, we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative), and your rights under data protection laws. We will not use your personal information for activities where out interests are overridden by the impact on you (e.g., where use would be excessively intrusive, unless we are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
Consent: We may obtain your consent to use your personal information in certain circumstances (e.g., to send you third party email marketing). We will ensure that when we obtain your consent you are free both to give it and to decline to give it. You may always withdraw your consent at any time without any further detriment to you.
Personal Data That You Give Us
We may use Personal Data that you provide directly to us for the following purposes:
- to carry out our obligations arising from your membership, or any other contract entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and membership services that you request from us;
- to organize events that you have purchased or registered for, and to provide you with information, and other materials, relating to the content of the event, the speakers, sponsors and other attendees;
- to provide our newsletter and other publications;
- to respond to your questions and provide related membership services;
- to provide you with information about other events, products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about events, products or services we feel may interest you;
- to provide you with prompt and effective customer service;
- for fundraising purposes, to understand our supporter base better and to ensure improved use of marketing resources to develop our profile and support base;
- to build higher-quality and more useful services, such as by analyzing usage trends, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the Site;
- to transfer your information as part of a merger or sale of the business;
- to conduct internal assessments of SGIA programs and membership; additional, such personal information, in a consolidated and aggregate form, may be used in publicly distributed statistical descriptions and studies of the SGIA constituency;
- to notify you about changes to our membership service; and
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented most effectively for you and your computer.
Information We Collect About You
We will use Personal Data that we have collected about your use of our Site:
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented most effectively for you and your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them
Personal Data We Receive From Other Sources
We will combine this information with information you give to us, information we receive from third parties (such as your employer), and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined Personal Data for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
When We Share and Who Can Access Your Personal Data
We may share your Personal Data for the purposes described in this Notice with:
- a member of our group
- partners, suppliers and sub-contractors, for the performance of obligations arising from your membership, or any other contract we enter into with them or you or to provide you with the information, products and membership services that you request from us
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Site
- trusted third-party companies and individuals to help us provide, analyze, and improve the Site and our membership services (including but not limited to data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and payment processing)
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- when required by law or in a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process served on SGIA; (b) protect, establish or defend the rights or property of SGIA including in connection with any (prospective) legal proceedings; (c) protect the personal safety of SGIA officers, personnel, members, volunteers, or members of the public in appropriate circumstances; (d) assist with auditing purposes; or € permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain
- if SGIA or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We will transfer your Personal Data to trusted third-parties who provide sufficient written guarantees in respect of the technical and organizational security measures governing the processing to be carried out and who can demonstrate a commitment to compliance with those measures.
Selling Your Personal Data
We will never sell your Personal Data to third parties without your opt-in consent.
Although we use security measures to help protect your Personal Data against loss, misuse or unauthorized disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to us over the internet.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Transfer of Personal Data Outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and International Users
We are headquartered in the United States. Your Personal Data may be accessed by us or transferred to us in the United States or to our affiliates, partners, merchants, or service providers who are located worldwide. If you are visiting our Site from outside the United States, be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located, and our central database is operated. Where we collect personal information within the European Economic Area (EEA), we have taken steps to ensure that the personal information is handled in compliance with European data protection and privacy legislation. If you are located in the EEA, you should be aware that your personal information will be transferred to the U.S. In such cases, where your personal information is transferred from the EEA to the U.S., we will take all reasonable steps necessary to ensure that appropriate safeguards designed to protect your personal information are implemented.
How Long We Store Your Personal Data
We may retain and use your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and rights, or if it is not technically reasonably feasible to remove it. If historical activity concerning SGIA business needs exist, we will retain the personal information for as long as that business need remains.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with our Site. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you service, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We maintain one or more databases to store your Personal Data and may keep such information indefinitely.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
The Personal Data that you provide to us is generally stored on servers located in the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, you should be aware that once your Personal Data is submitted through our Site, it will be transferred to our servers in the United States and that the United States currently does not have uniform data protection laws in place. Cookies and Do Not Track Policy
Our Sites are not directed to children under the age of 18, if you are not 18 years or older, do not use our Site. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 18. If we learn that Personal Data of persons less than 18 years-of-age has been collected through our Site, we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child or a minor under the age of 18 has posted, submitted or otherwise communicated Personal Data to our Site without your consent, then you may alert us at email@example.com so that we may take appropriate action to remove the minor’s Personal Data from our systems. Links to Third Party Sites and Services
Our Sites may contain links to third party websites, applications and services not operated by us. These links are provided as a service and do not imply any endorsement by us of the activities or content of these sites, applications or services nor any association with their operators. SGIA is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party including websites or services directly linked to our Service. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third party site that you link from our Service.
Correction and Removal Members or users may modify, correct, change, or update personal information that SGIA has collected through the Site or may initiate the removal of their personal record from SGIA’s database by visiting the your SGIA Profile, or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we will honor your requests to exercise your rights to the extent possible and required under applicable law. Certain of these rights may only be available to you if you are located in the UK or the EU when you access our Website.
You have the right to:
- Ask us for confirmation of what personal information we hold about you, and to request a copy of that information. If we are satisfied that you have a legal entitlement to see this personal information, and we are able to confirm your identity, we will provide you with this personal information.
- Withdraw your consent at any time if we have relied on consent as the lawful ground to use your personal information.
- Request that we delete the personal information we hold about you, as far as we are legally required to do so.
- Object to the processing of your personal information where we: (i) process on the basis of the legitimate interests ground; (ii) use the personal information for direct marketing; or (iii) use the personal information for statistical purposes.
- As for the provision of your personal information in a machine-readable format to either yourself or a third party, provided that the personal information in question has been provided to us by you, and is being processed by us: (i) in reliance on your consent; or (ii) because it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party; and in either instance, we are processing it using automated means.
- Ask for processing of your personal information to be restricted if there is disagreement about its accuracy or legitimate use.
Please note that you also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority (if applicable) about how we use your personal information.
Please consider raising your concern with us first by contacting us at email@example.com.
You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us using the Contact Us section on our Site.
Additionally, if you prefer not to receive marketing messages from us, please let us know by clicking on the unsubscribe link within any marketing message that you receive, by visiting your SGIA preferences page, or by sending a message to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Californian Rights
FOR RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA ONLY. Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code requires select businesses to disclose policies relating to the sharing of certain categories of your Personal Data with third parties. If you reside in California and have provided your Personal Data to SGIA, you may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of Personal data to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at one of the following addresses: email@example.com.
PRINTING United Alliance
Attn: California Privacy Rights
10015 Main Street
Fairfax, VA 22031
Changes to This Notice
SGIA reserves the right at any time, at add to, change, update or modify this Policy. If we make any changes to this Notice or the way we use, share or collect personal Data, the addition, change, update or modification will be effective immediately upon posting on this Website. When material changes are made to the Policy that will directly impact how personal information is collected or used, SGIA will notify you by additional means where possible, such as posting a notice on the Website or sending you an email, or through some other prominent mechanism.
Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Notice.